Sunday, September 21, 2014

Doterra Day 2, First attempt at a cake with the lemon oil...

Let me say this up front. The pictures may not be attractive, but the taste was not bad. I will be reworking the recipe and posting the results of that one later on down the road. So stay tuned.

Here are the pictures from the First attempt at the Lemon Blueberry Cream Cheese Cake:









Like I said , the pictures may not be attractive, but the flavor was there. As mentioned above, stay tuned for the re-worked recipe( I won't post the recipe for this attempt, if the second attempt works you will get to see the actual recipe for it in the blog entry.), I pray it comes out better. This one reminded me of Grover from Sesame Street. It was purple, as you could get folks.

Here is the update to the post:

This recipe actually worked, and came out tasty:











Lemon Blueberry Cream Cheese Pound Cake:

15 drops of Doterra Lemon Essential Oil
1-8oz pkg cream cheese, nuked in 2-45 second increments and stir until smooth
1 pkg frozen blueberries- unsweetened
1 Betty Crocker Pound Cake Mix
2 eggs
1 stick Lactose Free Blue Bonnet
2/3 water or milk(I used Hiland Lactose Free 2% from Reasors.)

Equipment:
 
Mixing bowl
Spatula
Cookie Sheet
Silicone bundt pan
Cake/pie server
Pam or generic equal
Serving Plate
Knife
Cooling Rack

Instructions:

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. While your oven is preheating, in your mixing bowl combine the cream cheese, blueberries,cake mix, eggs, lactose free blue bonnet, and water or milk, until completely incorporated, and set aside.

Spray your bundt pan liberally and place on the cookie sheet.

Put your batter in the bundt pan, and put in oven for 55 minutes. Do the toothpick test, and if the toothpick comes out clean, turn out onto a cooling rack to cool completely.

Serve with your favorite frozen treat or fall beverage.

Once again, I want to thank Jonee Wolfbrandt for contributing to my blog. I have really enjoyed these oils. I hope you will take the time to stop by her page at: www.mydoterra.com/joneewolfbrandt . If she ask how you heard of Doterra, let her know you heard it from Nannette.

No comments:

Post a Comment