Sunday, August 24, 2014

Ebook Green Smoothies-50 Amazing Recipes for a Healthy, Book Review......Last 2 recipes I have tried:

The last two recipes I tried from this book were the Coconut Green Smoothies and the Kale & Grapefruit Smoothie. If you would like to purchase the book you can find it here: http://www.amazon.com/Green-Smoothies-Cookbooks-Vegetarian-Collection-ebook/dp/B00M121T96

Disclosure: I received this as part of an advertorial








































I did make a substitution on this since the coconut milk I had went bad, I used my lactose free 2% that I use in my home. The consistency was ok, it reminded me a bit of whipped cream. Which was sorta of weird but not really.

The second of the last 2 was the Kale and Grapefruit Smoothie:












































With the grapefruit and yogurt added it had a nice twang to it. Even better after I froze the leftovers too. Came out sorta like a granita in a cup.(I used a grapefruit spoon to eat it.)

I tried to get my husband to try these with me, but he chickened out. He just did not like the thought of a green smoothie. I told him it was a great way to get in his fruits and veggies for the day, still a no go. When I told my mom what I was testing she gave me the Ewwww!

All and all, this really is a great way to slip in fruits and veggies on a picky eater, and is great during the summer especially in this hot heat. If you have the chance, get a copy for your kindle/kindle app, and have some fun. Some of the combos may sound weird, but come out delish!


I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment